Friday, February 20, 2009

Local Cat Tired From Heaping Praise On Self



Mukilteo, WA

After coming home from his job as a cookie baker and counter sales associate at Mrs. Field's Cookies, Jack, a 7-year-old black, neutered male, dove into his bag of takeout McDonald's cheezburgers.

"I've got alot of potential you know,I could do anything if I put my mind to it." Jack told his girlfriend, Isis, a spayed, 4-year-old, orange American Tabby. "I could actually make a cheezburger that tasted better than this if only I had the time."

Jack had been an employee at the Alderwood Mall Mrs. Field's cookie store for a little over a week. "I could run that place you know..." Jack said between bites, "I was just saying the other day that I should go to business school. I am really smart about that business stuff. During the day me and the guys, we surf the internet there and look for other jobs, and you know, we could do them, easily, too."


Jack is a baker and customer service clerk at Mrs. Field's Cookies

Jack said that if it weren't for the fact that he was so good at science, he would probably focus more on business studies. "I am really am an excellent science student. And in high school, I won a spelling bee too. If it weren't for the fact that I was taking band class I would have been class president or something easily."

"I was thinking about becoming an accountant, you know, they are in high demand." Jack told us. "I could possibly go to night school for accounting, but my talents lie in marketing too. I bet I could sell anything."

Jack put down his cheezburger and opened up his carton containing an apple pie. "These are so good. Really crispy, too. I bet I could bake one even better than this is if I put my mind to it. Think of the money I could make."


Jack believes "...I could do anything if I put my mind to it."

Jack said that he could probably make that really great apple pie, but if he was to quit his job, the place would probably fall apart without him. "They don't know how lucky they are to have me...the hours I put in there, they would be hard pressed to find someone else like me."

While watching the evening news Jack remarked that his future could possibly include politics as well. "I mean look at this stuff. I could fix the economy, I mean, it's simple."


Isis, a knitted hat maker, fully supports Jack in his every endeavor

Girlfriend Isis just looked sweetly at him, nodding, admiring his enthusiasm. "I might just go into politics at some point." Jack continued. "I could contribute so much because I have so many great ideas and I listen really well and could really help people out."

"I could probably have a hotter girlfriend if I really tried." Jack admitted, "I just don't really have the time for things like that right now, I have alot going on and have to play Guitar Hero with my friends alot. Sometimes I suprise myself by all the great ideas I get, I usually try to write them down or just memorize them."

After the news Jack put the remote down and decided to spend the evening in bed with a book. "I'm really tired tonight, I have been thinking so hard all day long. Ideas...about, just anything, you know?" He picked up his book, a copy of Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, "I just love this book, it inspires me to think that maybe someday I could become a writer...if I get the time."


Copyright Sharyn Thoma-Guay

2 comments:

Jinxy said...

Shoot! that is so my cat! Nasty boy!

Anonymous said...

Imagine how his poor girlfriendcat feels!