Friday, March 6, 2009

Lucky Cat Gets Parking Spot Right In The Front At Wal-Mart


Marysville, WA

It was a day full of luck and good cheer for a Seattle cat and her three kittens as they pulled their sport utility vehicle into a choice spot in the Marysville Wal-Mart parking lot.

“Usually I have to go round and round a few times, waiting until someone comes out so I can have their spot.” said Sasparilla, a 7-year-old spayed female, tuxedo mix. “Sometimes it takes forever and I have to park way in the back of the lot. I couldn’t believe it. I’m always trying to get the spot closest to the door so I don‘t have to walk so far.”


“I couldn’t believe it.” said Sasparilla

The Wal-Mart, located just off I-5, has the typical, huge parking lot accorded to most Wal-Mart stores in the country. The lots are designed large to accommodate the heavy shopping traffic volume and the occasional recreational vehicles, which are encouraged to stay overnight for free in any Wal-Mart lot.

“When I saw the open parking stall I quickly snapped it up before the next lady could get to it.” Sasparilla continued, “My kittens were excited to get in and get some fresh-popped popcorn so we hopped out and walked right inside just as fast as you please.”


Last week at the same Wal-Mart, the result of a battle over a prized close parking space

Fights have been known to break out over the preferred, cherished, close parking spaces. Just last week, a cat with her six kittens in tow got out of her car and frantically beat on the window of a car who she vigorously claimed had stolen ‘her’ spot.

She then got back into her Honda and drove it up onto the side of the parked car, situating it in between the two parked cars in a fit of rage. The driver of the parked vehicle had to be sent to Harborview Medical Center for treatment of anxiety.

“There are deep hidden psychological meanings behind such parking lot interactions.” said Rita, a 3-year-old, Domestic Short Hair psychiatrist who specializes in anger management at the UW's Bothell Campus.

“What we say and do when we believe our parking space rights have been violated is very telling of our true state of inner being. Sometimes it is just best to let it go and park further away," she said.

Copyright Sharyn Thoma

7 comments:

corpus christi, TX said...

i was on the site when she posted this. ha! what next? she outta be in tv or sumthin.

Momcat of 4 said...

cute and verry verry silleh.

Bob in Tillamook, OR said...

I LOVE TO READ THESE STORIES> THE MORE I CONCENTRATE ON THEM THE MORE SERIOUS THEY SEEM AND THE FUNNIER THEY GET! KEEP THEM COMING PLEASE. MY DAILY DOSE OF THE GAZETTE KEEPS ME GOING AND MAKES MY DAY. WISH I KNEW HOW THIS STUFF OCCURS TO YOU, IT TAKES SOME TALENT TO KEEP IT UP THAT IS FOR CERTAIN. ARE YOU IN SEATTLE? I AM IN OREGON AND MUST SAY THAT WE LOLCAT LOVERS ADORE YOU. HOPE YOUR SITE IS AROUND FOR A VERY LONG TIME TO COME. VERY ORIGINAL.

Anonymous said...

What a lucky cat. I love it when that happens to me!

kit kat karl said...

so sillsy!!!

Katie and Da Katz said...

dats grate u gotted best spot ats walmartz... u dids furry goods. k thx bai

Joel said...

Right in front of Walmart????!!??!?!1?! LOL. One of these days, someone's gonna crash into him!