Friday, April 24, 2009

Local Teencat Embarrassed By Misspelling 'Embarrassed' On His Blog


Sasquatch said "Geez, I'm so embarrassed."

Brier, WA

A local teencat was horribly embarrassed by his brother today when he got an email harassing him for misspelling the very commonly used word 'embarrassed' on his blog. Sasquatch, a 6-year-old, neutered, Russian Blue male quickly took down the post in embarrassment.

"I'm really embarrassed." Said Sasquatch in an exclusive interview with the Kitty City Gazette, "I never really like, knew how to spell it, and I was in a big, um, hurry and I just...kinda let it go." Sasquatch said that spelling has never been a strength of his despite the fact that he was once selected as an alternate for his elementary school's third grade spelling bee.


Sasquatch reportedly is new to the blogging world

"I know better than to try to post stuff that fast." Sasquatch continued, "It leaves a huge margin for error, and I should have just asked my momcat how to spell it and now I am really embarrassed. I mean, how many people read that and now think I am an idiot?"

The blog entry which included the misspelled word was a personal post about skateboarding stunts done in the parking lot of a local school. Sasquatch was, in fact, trying to embarrass one of his friends by publishing the posts, implying that he could do the skating tricks mentioned much better.


Sasquatch and his friend Remy Martin, pictured above, have been avid skateboarders for the past four years

"When my brother let me know I just um, turned kinda red and didn't know what to say, and, like, just wished that I had spell checked it or Googled it or something and then published it you know what I mean, it is so embarrassing?"

With the help of his momcat, Sasquatch eventually deleted the post for good and has no plans to repost anything in the near future. "My blogging days might just be over." Sasquatch said, "I don't wanna be that cat who misspelled embarrassed forever, you know?"

Sasquatch's momcat has since then enrolled him in spelling classes and classes for teencats having trouble using run-on sentences.

Copyright Sharyn Thoma-Guay

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is embarrassing

Noll's Nip said...

Pish-posh Sasquatsh! Who needs spelling when you can busta-move with a skateboard ;)

The Meezers said...

Sasquatch - no need to be 'barrassed!

The Island Cats said...

Guess he should use spell-check next time....

Freya's Staff said...

Poor Sasqwitch! I hope you try blogging again!

Freya
xxx

pughy said...

Oh poor Sasquatch, dont worry you will be fine, just use spell check next time. You rock on that skateboard.

way to go Gnger Jasper xx

Mishkat said...

Poor Sasquatch! That's one of the words I just can't spell - you need to use Firefox :)

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

We wouldn't worry 'bout dat Sasquatch, der are three of us here dat can't spell worth a darn and we neffur use spell check cuz it would take furever to do and we mostly don't care as long as we get our point across to da other kitties.

Country Cats said...

Cats can spell any way they darn well please.

crazykittykat1 said...

Whoever said cats can spell?