Sunday, March 28, 2010

Local Cat Bravely Survived Four Minutes Of Cardio DVD


Lynnwood, WA

A Lynnwood cat today said he survived four grueling minutes without food or drink after beginning a cardio DVD.

The cat, Dagmar, a 10-year-old, neutered, Domestic Long Hair, said he was feeling guilty after a routine night of binge-eating and decided to try the 33-minute cardio-intensive program.

Dagmar said his face grew red and he became “so hungry and physically exhausted” that he became “stuck.” He had no food or water so he ate lint off the carpet.


This half-eater jar of peanut butter was found in Dagmar’s living room, evidence of the incident

“I was alone when I decided to work out,” Dagmar stated. “After those four minutes I was afraid the living room might become my coffin, I felt close to death,” he said.

Dagmar gained little from the carpet lint and said he knew he had yet to walk the next seven feet to the kitchen to call 911.

Sadly he collapsed when he reached the kitchen, but neighbors had heard his weary screams and quickly came to his rescue.


“I’m alive” said the lucky cat

Medics at the scene strapped Dagmar to a gurney. Chart notes state he was given oral peanut butter and half an apple fritter, but was non-responsive.

His odds of survival were so thin doctors called it a miracle that he lived.

“Once I ran out of energy that was it,“ Dagmar said from his hospital bed. “I feared for my life I was so hungry," said Dagmar.


Wife Vicky is said to be “absolutely amazed” Dagmar survived

"I just thank God that I survived this. I mean, everybody was praying for me and I guess it just wasn't my turn yet.” Dagmar said.

As the sole breadwinner for his wife and five kittens, Dagmar was always a late-night eater.

“I definitely have a new grasp on life. I look at people differently. After surviving those four minutes I feel like I can do anything," he continued.

Copyright Sharyn Thoma

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PEANUT BUTTER AND NUTELLA!

yum omg! FUNNEH

Twinkietinydog said...

Sorry to spring this on you, Dagmar, but have you considered that perhaps your wife eats all the food in the house? I do realize 4 minutes can make the difference between life and death, so have a chat with Vicky. Kk?
Twink!

Angel and Kirby said...

He was a lucky kitty to survive four whole minutes!

Elaine said...

You are really on a roll, almost a story a day, keep up the good work, we're loving it !!

EUTERPE said...

This incident must have been very serious if oral peanut butter didn't work.

Dagmar, If you feel the need to "exercise" again may I suggest that you take a nap then the guilt will go away, think of your wife and kittens.